Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Thank you for your feedback on my Windows10 dilemma.

Last night I decided to upgrade and have a look at it in the morning.

This morning, I looked at it. Went through everything and found there were some changes, some losses, but worse, everything slowed down. It took 5 minutes for a page to open in the Internet. I tried it again and again, but it was so slow I checked my connection, deleted cookies, etc. etc.. Everything was good.
 If I used Chrome, it seems browsing would be fast; but I choose, and prefer, Firefox and because of that, it slowed me down to hair-pulling levels. Not fair.

I went through everything, to be fair to windows10, and it was obvious that it wasn't working for me.

I reverted to Windows 7. There was a warning that I may lose some programs, so I went back on the Internet to back up my files. It took forever (this is where the hair-pulling comes in).
Finally, I gave up and just downgraded to Windows. This part only took 10+ minutes.
Everything came back, so far I can't find any missing programs.

My pulse is slowed down... and I'm relieved.

I guess it's an individual thing. To each his own.
Cheers!








Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

3 comments:

  1. I'm still hair pulling Colette as I can't load any photos from my phone to my PC todsy. I hate the time that is lost in trying. Such a waste of our creative time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, I feel for you, I really do. Yes, such a waste of time. 6 hours down the drain. xxxx

      Delete
  2. My mom upgraded by accident and then had to have help reverting.....
    So annoying ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.